18 August 2010

Monologue- Jaffna waiting

Let me tell you upfront
I
have never been to
Jaffna

But, I have

These days
Things are good
 I hear
Peace
is among the
sweet drinks
green lanka lime ,
sunset orange barley

Ignore the floor panel
made of empty carton
where 50 rocket shells came from


Pottu on her brow
The light house
covered with a

Dialog

Dialog ? really?

Monologue ?

Jaffna listening
still
awaiting
for the cue for her to speak.


PS: This is a first . I have never explained my poems .  This is based on stories I heard from people who have visited Jaffna . That is what most us living beyond shores do . Exchange travel stories . And relish later. The story of dialog is based on the fact that the light house on point pedro is covered by two transmitting towers put up by Dialog . I found that to be ironic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have commented